The Xiaomi Redmi 9 is an entry-level smartphone with a quad-camera, 6.53″ screen and it’s splash-proof.
Xiaomi has announced the UK launch of the Redmi 9 – a budget smartphone with a quad-camera for under £160.
The brand-new entry-level smartphone touts major upgrades from its predecessor, including an all-purpose AI quad-camera set up, 6.53’’ FHD+ Dot Drop display with Gorilla Glass 3, powerful chipset, 5020mAh battery (with fast-charging support) and modern design. The Redmi 9 also comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC, dual SIM usage and an additional microSD card slot.
Redmi 9 Quick Specs:
- Display – 6.53″ FHD+ Dot Drop display
- Rear camera – 13MP wide-angle camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera 118° FOV, 5MP macro camera , 2MP depth sensor
- Front camera – 8MP selfie camera
- Body – Splash-proof nano-coating
- Dimension – 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1mm
- Weight – 198g
- Battery – 5020mAh, 18W wired fast charging , 10W in-box charger
Availability & Pricing
The Redmi 9 will be available in three colour variants in the UK: Carbon Grey, Ocean Green, and Sunset Purple in the 4GB+64GB variant with a starting RRP of £159.
For more reasonably priced smartphones, have a look at our ‘Best Budget Smartphone‘ round-up.
It doesn’t cost you anything extra when you use these links, but it does support the site, helping keep ePHOTOzine free to use, thank you.